- DESIGN INSPIRATION▼
"Earth Lips" Canvas Art by IKONICK
On April 22, 1970 the very first Earth Day drew more than 20 million people to take to the streets. To this day, it remains the largest single day protest in human history.
A movement like that takes plenty of help—and word of mouth.
Senator Gaylord Nelson came up with the idea for a national protest to raise awareness of environmental destruction. The news media spread the story, it was backed by both Republicans and Democrats alike, and high schools even announced that absences would be excused for those participating.
People flooded the streets and parks, riding bicycles, picking up trash, and calling for better care to be taken of the environment.
That same desire continues to this day, every year on April 22nd. With climate activism now in the mainstream, it has pushed the automobile industry from leaded gas to unleaded, to hybrid, to electric; it has shifted our sources of electricity from coal and fossil fuels to wind, hydro, and solar; and it has put a stigma on littering and pollution.
But the most impressive aspect is that it all started from one voice. Every one of those 20 million protesters was there because of Senator Nelson. Maybe they heard about the first "Earth Day" from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it on the news, but it all started with the Senator.
That shows you the power of a voice. If you believe in something strongly, speak out about it. You never know when the circumstances are just right that it will spread like wildfire. All it takes is someone with something to say.
Say you want to inspire people to live more environmentally conscious. Whether it’s by word of mouth to a small group of friends, spreading word to your community, or streaming online to a much larger platform, you have a voice. You have the ability to share your beliefs with the world and even gain supporters for whatever your cause is. Never underestimate that influence.
There’s never been a better time for your voice to be heard. So speak up and make a positive change.
"Earth Lips" is our celebration of Earth Day. Let it instill in you the hope that global change can come from one person. Keep speaking up, keep the conversation going, and keep taking care of your Mother.
- PRODUCT DETAILS▼
ECO-Friendly & High Resolution
- UL ECOLOGO & UL GREENGUARD GOLD certified 1 Water-based HP latex Inks
- Acid Free, Archival Quality Giclée Print Process
- Industry-Recognized standard for High-Quality Canvas Art
Vibrant, Damage Resistant Canvas
- 100% Polyester with matte finished wrap
- Fade, Tear, Water, Scratch, and Warp Resistant
- Eco-Friendly MDF Composite Wood Frames
- 100% Real Pine for Large Size Canvases (i.e. 60x30, 40x60)
- Finger Jointed Reinforced Frames
- All Canvas Art arrive w/ Sawtooth Hanger
- Just Unwrap and Hang right out of the box
Handmade in the USA
- Quality-assured with carefully sourced materials
- SHIPPING INFO▼
- US 7-10 Business Days Shipping
- Canada 10-15 Business Days Shipping
- EU 8-15 Business Days Shipping
- Rest of the World 12 - 18 Business Days Shipping