- DESIGN INSPIRATION▼
NBA - Wings - Tracy McGrady Canvas Art by IKONICK
You don't need wings to fly, and you don't need a championship title to prove yourself a hall-of-famer.
Tracy McGrady was one of the greatest and most effortless scorers in the NBA. He made the basket seem as big as a swimming pool and made defenders seem three feet tall. He was the youngest player to win the NBA scoring title, and he did it again the following year.
More impressive, is that in large part, he created those opportunities for himself. With the exception of his brief time on the Toronto Raptors playing with his cousin and dynamic duo counterpart Vince Carter, McGrady was perpetually forced into the role of a star player on the court. The fate of the games almost always rested in his hands.
In the modern era of basketball, teams need multiple superstars to be effective enough to have playoff hopes. One alone won't cut it. McGrady wasn't that lucky. Far too often, it fell solely on him. He had to put the team on his back to pull out the win.
When he was traded to the Orlando Magic, an injured Grant Hill made way for McGrady to become the de facto leader. Later, when T-Mac moved to the Houston Rockets, injuries to Yao Ming prevented the two from being on the hardwood at the same time for very long. Time after time, it fell to McGrady to do the work.
So what does T-Mac do when it all falls on him? He flies.
With the Jordan era coming to a close, players started stepping up to the plate-like never before. A.I., Paul Pierce, Kobe, Ray Allen. Everyone wanted to be the next great one. The competition was fierce. But in crunch time, no one floated like T-Mac.
From his signature hang-dribble to his gravity-defying jump shots, McGrady was one of the most difficult players to guard. He could glide around the court and drop threes like no one else—and under pressure too. Who else could score 13 points in 33 seconds to pull a win from the jaws of defeat?
The fact that Tracy McGrady has never won a championship just shows that you don't need a title to prove your greatness. He might have been cursed with bad rosters and unfortunate circumstances, but there is no denying his elite prowess on the court.
"Wings" from the officially licensed NBA Legends canvas art collection is a visual to meditate on every morning. Never measure your own accomplishments by how you're rewarded for them. Just play your hardest every game. You don't need the accolades. You don't need a ring. You just need to leave it all on the court and fly.
- PRODUCT DETAILS▼
ECO-Friendly & High Resolution
- UL ECOLOGO & UL GREENGUARD GOLD certified 1 Water-based HP latex Inks
- Acid Free, Archival Quality Giclée Print Process
- Industry-Recognized standard for High-Quality Canvas Art
Vibrant, Damage Resistant Canvas
- 100% Polyester with matte finished wrap
- Fade, Tear, Water, Scratch, and Warp Resistant
- Eco-Friendly MDF Composite Wood Frames
- 100% Real Pine for Large Size Canvases (i.e. 60x30, 40x60)
- Finger Jointed Reinforced Frames
- All Canvas Art arrive w/ Sawtooth Hanger
- Just Unwrap and Hang right out of the box
Handmade in the USA
- Quality-assured with carefully sourced materials
- SHIPPING INFO▼
- US 7-10 Business Days Shipping
- Canada 10-15 Business Days Shipping
- EU 8-15 Business Days Shipping
- Rest of the World 12 - 18 Business Days Shipping