- DESIGN INSPIRATION▼
"Direction" Inspirational Canvas Art by IKONICK
From horse-drawn carriages to steam power to internal combustion and jet engines, no invention yet has satisfied our innate urge to always go faster. As long as cars have speedometers there will always be those addicted to moving the needle higher and higher.
Speedsters have engineered special cars, built race courses on desert salt flats, and otherwise found every possible way to propel the human body to its physical limits. Since the late 1800s, we have been playing a continuous game of one-ups-man-ship, constantly recording, rebuilding, and retrying for faster speeds.
"Faster" became the motivation of every development from the Industrial Revolution to the tech boom. Horses weren't fast enough, we needed four wheels and a motor. Telegraphs weren't fast enough, we needed the telephone. The post office wasn't fast enough, we needed email and the internet. Even now, equipped with phones superior to the computers that sent humans into space, we get frustrated when our apps take half a second too long to load. We've been spoiled.
Speed is an addiction. One that has consumed our society. We tend to be so concerned with moving fast that we lose sight of where we're going.
Think of someone who spends year after year going to school, earning certificates, and completing internships only to find themself extremely qualified for a job they have no passion for. Now think of someone else—struggling day to day at a company they founded themself, doing exactly what they want to do. Who would you rather be?
Life's pace doesn't slow. If you stand still, it'll pass you by. But if you don't stop to look up from the grind every now and then to make sure you're still moving toward your goal, you'll be putting in all that work for a result you don't want anymore.
That is why direction is so crucial. Take stock of your goals every day and stay on course. Know where you're going. Keep your end-goal in mind at every turn. At every decision, point ask yourself, "Will this take me closer to where I want to be?"
As long as you are making moves toward your version of success, you'll get there. Forget about speed—that will come—just make sure you're aimed in the right direction. This landscape piece is your daily check-in. Slow down. Look up. Take stock. Drive on.
- PRODUCT DETAILS▼
ECO-Friendly & High Resolution
- UL ECOLOGO & UL GREENGUARD GOLD certified 1 Water-based HP latex Inks
- Acid Free, Archival Quality Giclée Print Process
- Industry-Recognized standard for High-Quality Canvas Art
Vibrant, Damage Resistant Canvas
- 100% Polyester with matte finished wrap
- Fade, Tear, Water, Scratch, and Warp Resistant
- Eco-Friendly MDF Composite Wood Frames
- 100% Real Pine for Large Size Canvases (i.e. 60x30, 40x60)
- Finger Jointed Reinforced Frames
- All Canvas Art arrive w/ Sawtooth Hanger
- Just Unwrap and Hang right out of the box
Handmade in the USA
- Quality-assured with carefully sourced materials
- SHIPPING INFO▼
- US 7-10 Business Days Shipping
- Canada 10-15 Business Days Shipping
- EU 8-15 Business Days Shipping
- Rest of the World 12 - 18 Business Days Shipping